YCCS7120 On-The-Job Learning Abroad (10 cr)
During this study module the student will work in communication tasks in real working life context. On-the-job learning teaches to apply theoretical knowledge of corporate communication in practice. The module improves the transferable skills of the student and provides perspective for evaluating one's own competence and learning challenges in working life.
Plan for the on-the-job learning period, at least two months period of supervised internship period, and a written report of the period.
- understand the mission and work practices of corporate communication expert in an organization
- be able to apply corporate communication knowledge and skills to the tasks of corporate communication practitioner
- recognizes the strengths and developing areas of one's own competence as a corporate communication practitioner
- Theaker, A. & Yaxley, H., The public relations strategic toolkit: an essential guide to successful public relations practice.; ISBN: 9780203143650
- Wilcox & Cameron, Public relations: Strategies and tactics.; ISBN: 9781292056586
- Asunta, L. (2016). The role, the goal and the soul of professional public relations. Developing a holistic model of PR professionalism. Jyväskylän yliopisto, humanistinen tiedekunta, yhteisöviestintä,<br />Sarja: Jyväskylä studies in humanities.; ISBN: 1459-4331; 276