XESX004 Spanish Language and Latin American Media and Communication (2–3 cr)
- Media ownership in Latin America
- Radio is back!
- Social Media role in LA as a agenda setting
- Particulars of Latin American Television: La telenovela
- Soup opera as propaganda: The "Dove" case
- Televisa, Globo and Telesur: cultural differences
- Advertising and social class
Series of lectures.
A final questionaire (not exam).
The student will improve his/her understanding of Spanish language spoken in Latin America
The student will be aware of media role in her/his own home country.