XEN0095 Academic English Communication 1 (3 cr)
This course provides opportunities to develop oral and written academic English skills in a multicultural and multilingual environment. Through individual and group work, the course raises awareness of academic conventions and multicultural considerations. Typical tasks promote skills in academic reading, teamwork, academic language use, and preparing a coherent presentation.
Contact teaching and independent study. Compulsory attendance in class tutorials.
Compulsory and active participation. Successful completion of core assignments. Final grading is based on the applicable grading scale for the course.
- communicate and interact in multicultural and multilingual teams, negotiating and expressing opinions, in order to complete tasks,
- read and critically evaluate academic resources and evidence,
- prepare and deliver a presentation following academic conventions, appropriate language register and structure,
- compose a coherent and referenced academic text,
- assess their own and peer’s skills to develop future confidence and learning.
Elective course; Preparatory course
TARGET GROUP: Incoming short-term exchange students.