VIES1000 Artificial Intelligence in Organizations (5 cr)
The main aim of this course is to acquire theoretical and empirical knowledge about the adoption and impact of artificial intelligence in organizations. The second aim of this course is to gain experience in conducting research (e.g., quantitative survey, literature reviews) and disseminating findings according to international scientific standards.
Lectures, research seminars, group work, exam.
For the final mark, the following assessment will apply:
1. Exam – 60%
2. Research report – 30%
3. Presentation of research report – 10%
Grade-specific assessment criteria are introduced in the course.
- acquires knowledge and understanding of theories related to artificial intelligence in organizations
- learns about the impact and function of artificial intelligence and organizational communication.
- acquires knowledge about how AI and organizational structure are mutually shaped and impact the nature of work
- learns about challenges and opportunities related contemporary applications of AI in organizations
- learns to set up and conduct scientific research on AI, present it and describe it in a scientific report.
- A selected set of readings.