URAP1000 Basics in Information Security (1 cr)
Information technology, e.g. devices and network services, has gained a greater role than ever in everyday life. This also increases the significance of information security in our daily activities. This course provides the basics of information security, covering the key components in secure information processing. The course is suitable for all students of JYU.
The course is completed online in the Moodle learning environment. It includes an exam in Moodle. To pass the exam, the student must answer correctly to 22 out of 30 questions.
- recognises the most common concepts in information security
- understands why information security is important
- recognises the most common threats of information processing
- can apply the information security policy of JYU in his/her studies
- can apply basic instructions to improve his/her personal information security both in studies and during free time