IHMJ1002 Research Ethics Online Course (1–5 cr)
The following link will take you to the University of Jyväskylä folder in the national research ethics Moodle environment:
To acces the folder you need to self-register to this Moodle environment. Just click the link and follow the instructions.
- For 1 ECTS, please choose the course titled "IHMJ109 Research Ethics IC2017 1 ECTS"
- For 3 ECTS, please choose the course titled "IHMJ109 Research Ethics IC2017 3 ECTS" (Don't choose "IHMJ109 Research Ethics Internet Course 3 ECTS" which is an outdated course!)
- For 5 ECTS, please choose the course titled "IHMJ109 Research Ethics IC2017 3 ECTS" (the same as in the case of 3 ECTS). Additionally, you are required to have a presentation in the course Workshop. More information about the workshop will be put to course web pages later.
The course completion requires:
1) active engagement with the course material
2) completing compulsory assessment tasks detailed in course internet pages
3) familiarizing yourself with the local guidelines and institutions also detailed in course internet pages
1. Recognise and analyse key research ethical questions
2. Formulate ethical research plans and responses to ethical challenges by applying key ethical theories and approaches
3. Recognise and understand key ethical principles guiding research
4. Understand the Finnish Responsible Conduct of Research guidelines, processes for dealing with research misconduct, and processes for applying research license or ethical review
5. Identify rights and responsibilities as a researcher
6. Understand how ethical decisions and choices influence society and research community