BENS5037 M.Sc. Thesis (30 cr)
The aim is to educate students to make independent research. The thesis work is carried out under guidance. Before starting the work student’s need to write master’s thesis beginning form. The subject of the thesis must be agreed in advance with the professor responsible of the major studies. The theoretical background as well as research plan will be presented in Master's seminar 1 and the results of Master’s seminar 2.
Accepted theses are public and they have to be saved in the JYX publication archive of the University Library before final course credits are given.
Thesis is evaluated based on:
- Logic and clarity of the thesis
- Connection to theoretical and conceptual background
- Understanding of the literature
- Understanding of the method and/or experiments
- Interpretation of results and conclusions
- Student's independence and initiative
- Final quality of the thesis and language usage
Two evaluators present a written report to the pedagogical head of the department who accepts the thesis and gives the final grade.
- is able to perform scientific work under supervision
- can acquire scientific knowledge and read scientific articles
- can analyze her/his results
- can present the theoretical background of her/his own results
- is able to write scientific text with logic and clarity
- is able to interpretation her/his own results and draw conclusions