YTTP2150 Introduction to Corporate Communication (5 cr)
This study module introduces the key concepts of corporate communication in contemporary organizations. The course provides an overview of:
- Corporate identity, branding and reputation
- Communication strategy and management
- Specific fields of corporate communication; employee communication, change communication, media relations, social media, crisis communication and corporate social responsibility
- Research and measurement
Contact teaching course, Autumn semester, 1st period. Detailed instructions for how to complete this course will be announced in the annual study programme.
Accepted completion of the designated assignments. The assessment criteria of the course is specified in the study program annually.
- explain the important role of corporate communication in today’s digitalized society
- classify the different functions of corporate communication
- identify the basic principles and concepts of corporate communication management
JSBE: Introduction lectures will be held both in English and in Finnish. Rest of the lectures in English. Student can choose to take the exam either in English or in Finnish.
At the Open University lectures in Finnish, some modes of study also available in English
- Cornelissen, J. 2017. Corporate Communication. A Guide to Theory and Practice. 5th edition. Sage Publications Ltd.; ISBN: 9781473953697