YPPP121 Planning, Practice and Evaluation of Teaching I (5 cr)
Personal study plan as a script for one’s personal learning process
Basic questions for the planning of university teaching
Setting of learning outcomes and assessment criteria
A subject’s internal structure, core content analysis and content to be taught
Development of individual, group and mass teaching
Interactive working and teaching methods that encourage participation
The dimensions and different forms of assessment: Guidance-oriented assessment, self-assessment, peer assessment, feedback
Personal study plan, teaching experiment (4 h), peer observation (4 h), teaching experiment report, reading groups
Active participation and completing and passing learning assignments/exam.
- critically assess his/her actions as a university teacher and define his/her personal pedagogical development needs and targets
- set the targets of a course, limit its central contents, select appropriate working and assessment methods and use the concepts of learning theories to justify the selections
- create assessment criteria and apply them in the assessment of learning
- adapt one’s own actions to comply with the needs of different learners
- apply different working and teaching methods appropriately in one’s own teaching/guidance
- JARVIS, P. 2006. The theory and practice of teaching. Lontoo: Routledge.
- GLASERSFELD, E. 2002. Radical constructivism. A way of knowing and learning. Studies in Mathematics Education Series. Lontoo: RoutledgeFalmer.
- LINDBLOM-YLÄNNE, S. & NEVGI, A. (toim.) 2009. Yliopisto-opettajan käsikirja. Helsinki: WSOY.
- SAHLBERG, P. & SHARAN, S. (toim.) 2002. Yhteistoiminnallisen oppimisen käsikirja. Helsinki: WSOY.
- BROOKFIELD, S. 1995. Becoming a critically reflective teacher. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.