YJOS4140 Cases in Business Ethics (5 cr)
• Ethics management tools, processes, standards
• Ethical dilemmas and decision-making
• Ethical problems in business
• Ethics and leadership: how to keep integrity in turbulent times
• Gender, careers and ethics: diversity management in local and global contexts
• Company-stakeholder relationship: cross-cultural perspective
Contact teaching course: Spring term, 3 and/or 4 perioid. The study methods of the contact teaching course are specified in the study program annually.
Accepted completion of the designated assignments. The assessment criteria of the course is specified in the study program annually.
• recognize and critically reflect ethical dimensions of organizational life,
• analyze, evaluate and solve ethical problems in business through theoretical frameworks,
• take a role as a moral decision-maker in ethically challenging situations and participate constructively in a moral dialogue at a group level,
• create proposals and argue for how ethics can be promoted by management practices and leadership activities.
Description of prerequisites
- Pučėtaitė, R. (ed.) 2012. Cases in Organizational Ethics. Nordic Baltic Ethics Series vol. 2. Vilnius University. ISBN 978-609-459-142-6. Available through internet: decom.vukhf.lt/book. Literature in JYKDOK: http://minerva.lib.jyu.fi/url/YJOS276.