XENT1000 Academic Literacies (3 cr)
The main focus is on academic literacies and competences for studying in International Master’s Degree Programmes at the School of Economics. Course assignments support both oral and written academic and professional communication in multicultural disciplinary contexts. The key topics include critical and scientific reading, managing, evaluating and synthesising information, writing traditional and reflective essays following the conventions of the discipline, academic integrity and working in multicultural teams.
Contact teaching, collaborative and individual work.
Active participation and successful completion of all assignments.
- be familiar with academic literacies in their field
- have developed reading techniques for critical, intensive reading
- understand general types of knowledge and information management needed for academic writing
- demonstrate skills in synthesising research both orally and in writing
- have developed strategic communication skills in multicultural teams
- be able to do self and peer assessment
- practice academic ethical standards
This course is optional for first year IMDP students at the School of Economics.