POLS3012 Conflict in World Politics (5 cr)
Department of Social Sciences and Philosophy
2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020
Analysis of main theories and issue areas regarding the subject.
Lecture and/or textual materials; essay
Active participation in teaching, writing a conceptually sensible essay on the themes of the course.
The student is able to understand causes of conflict, tensions and violence in the world system, as well as how to mitigate them.
Description of prerequisites
Basics of Social Sciences
Will be announced during the course.
- Buzan, B.: From International to World Society? (Ebrary)
- Carr, E.H.: The Twenty Years’ Crisis 1919-1939
- Jackson, P.T.: Civilizing the Enemy (Ebrary)
- If no lectures are held, the course can be completed by writing an essay using the following books:
- Wendt, A.: Social Theory of International Politics
- Waltz, K.: Theory of International Politics
- Bliddal, H. et al (toim.): Classics of International Relations (Ebrary)
- And one of the following:
Select all marked parts
Parts of the completion methods
Unpublished assessment item