OJUP2030 Language, Literature and Culture (5 cr)
Exploration of different literary texts and genres for language education, planning and implementation of units of work based on literary texts, critical consideration of the affordances and challenges of story-based education
Active participation in teaching, written task, reading material, group work activities, individual reflection
Active participation in course meetings and completion of the learning assignment/s.
Criteria for grades will be presented/agreed during the course.
• to critique different literary texts with a view to using them in educational context
• to work with authentic materials to create lesson plans, activities and units of work
• to recognize and to work with different cultural expressions without relying on stereotypical notions
• to prepare lessons and reflect upon practice
• use literary texts to inform language development
- Literature in the Language Classroom: A Resource Book of Ideas and Activities (Slater); ISBN: 0-521-30996-4