KLSS113 Perspectives on multilingualism (5 cr)
This course examines multilingualism as a societal phenomenon, as a part of working life, and as a specific field in applied language studies.
Independent study: readings, writing assignments.
More detailed assessment criteria will be provided as part of the instructions for the assignments.
- understands multilingualism from the perspectives of an individual and a community
- has acquired knowledge of different definitions of multilingualism and of key concepts in the research field of multilingualism studies
- is familiar with key research topics and methods, as well as key themes and questions in multilingualism studies
- can critically discuss literature on multilingualism
- can apply the acquired knowledge in the assignments.
Opintojakson voi suorittaa suomen- tai englanninkielisenä itseopiskelupakettina.