KLAS1309 Cultural Diversity in Education and Pedagogy (5 cr)
Intercultural communication, cultural and ethnic diversity, identity, culturally responsive teaching, racism, prejudice, discrimination, participation, equality
Participation in contact teaching and/or independent study, learning assignments and/or exam. Mode of completion to be specified in the Study Programme.
Active participation in teaching and completing and passing learning assignments/exam.
- be able to recognise and evaluate their own cultural values and actions and the relevance of these relevance in pedagogy
- have the tools to theoretically analyse cultural diversity
- be able to apply the theories acquired during the course to education and pedagogy
- have greater awareness of the opportunities and challenges for pedagogy brought by increasing cultural diversity
- have the readiness to promote social justice in cultural diverse educational settings through their theoretical and practical knowledge
- Nieto, S. (2010). Language, culture and teaching. Critical perspectives. New York: Routledge.