KLAS1209 Educator's Professional Ethics and Moral Education (5 cr)
- basic concepts and theories in (professional) ethics
- main approaches in moral education
- children’s and disabled people’s rights and status
- indoctrination and the paradox of education, justice and respect for individual autonomy
- ethical questions related to dialogue, power and evaluation, moral agency, moral emotions and reflection on one’s own ethical thinking
Participation in contact teaching and/or independent study, learning assignments and/or exam. Mode of completion to be specified in the Study Programme.
Active participation in teaching and completing and passing learning assignments/exam.
- analyse central concepts and theoretical viewpoints related to the professional ethics of educators
- evaluate various approaches in ethical education and apply them in their own work
- compare arguments and counter-arguments related to various ethical questions
- critically evaluate the their professional ethical principles and value framework and their personal view on being an educator