EDUS391 Guidance and Counselling Interaction (5 cr)
- dialogical nature of communication
- guidance and counselling from a pedagogical perspective
- methods and skills needed in guidance and counselling interaction
Participation in contact teaching and/or independent study, learning assignments and/or exam. Mode of completion to be specified in the Study Programme.
Active participation in teaching and completing and passing learning assignments/exam.
- have understanding of the nature of guidance and counselling interaction
- be able to use guidance and counselling interaction knowledge and skills when working with people in different environments
- McLeod, J. (2010). The counsellor's workbook: Developing a personal approach (2nd ed.). Maidenhead: McGraw Hill/Open University Press.
- Nelson-Jones, R. (2005). Practical counselling and helping skills: Text and exercises for the lifeskills counselling model (5th ed.). London ; Thousand Oaks, Calif.: SAGE.
- McLeod, J. (2007). Counselling skill. Maidenhead: Open University Press.