EDUS390 Introduction to Guidance and Counselling (5 cr)
- the concepts of guidance and counselling and their relation to other concepts such as pedagogy and therapy
- guidance and counselling services as a societal support system
- guidance and counselling fields and occupations
- life-long and life-wide guidance and counselling
- theoretical approaches in guidance and counselling with an emphasis on humanistic and constructivist approach
Participation in contact teaching and/or independent study, learning assignments and/or exam. Mode of completion to be specified in the Study Programme.
Active participation in teaching and completing and passing learning assignments/exam.
- have understanding of the nature of guidance and counselling services and occupations and their relations to other forms of helping
- have understanding of and be able to describe guidance and counselling as part of the societal support system, along with its main theoretical approaches
- Dryden, W. (2011). Counselling in a nutshell (Second edition ed.). London; Thousand Oaks, CA ; New Delhi ; Singapore: Sage.
- Feltham, C., & Dryden, W. (2006). Brief counselling: A practical, integrative approach (2nd ed ed.). Buckingham: Open University Press.
- McLeod, J. (2009). An introduction to counselling (4th ed.). Maidenhead: McGraw Hill/Open University Press.