EDUS1080 Theory and Practice of Comparative Pedagogy (5 cr)
- basic principles, origin and key concepts associated with pedagogy and research on pedagogy
- exploration of different approaches to and research projects based on comparative pedagogy
- critical consideration of contributions to educational theory from educational thinkers from different educational cultures
Participation in contact teaching and/or independent study, learning assignments and/or exam. Mode of completion to be specified in the Study Programme.
Active participation in teaching and completing and passing learning assignments/exam.
- have a better appreciation of education and pedagogy as culturally constructed notions
- be able to critically appraise similarities and differences between and assumptions associated with educational cultures
- be able to critically consider key aspects with pedagogy
- able to use different criteria for mapping and analysing pedagogy