EDUS1070 Dialogic Theory and Dialogic Pedagogy (5 cr)
- introductions to key concepts and principles associated with dialogic pedagogy
- critical consideration of the connections between sociocultural understanding of education and the role of dialogue
- examples of the implementation of dialogic pedagogy in different contexts
- dialogic discussions in order to explore dialogic notions from different perspectives and through dialogue
Participation in contact teaching and/or independent study, learning assignments and/or exam. Mode of completion to be specified in the Study Programme.
Active participation in teaching and completing and passing learning assignments/exam.
- understand the basic principles, origin and key concepts associated with Bakhtin’s dialogic theory
- be able to critically consider the implications of dialogic theory for pedagogical decision-making actions
- have an understanding of the different ways in which Bakhtin’s dilogic theory has been used to inform pedagogical innovations and educational research
- be able to critically appraise the similarities and differences between dialogic approaches to education and other approaches
- be able to critically consider the benefits and challenges of dialogic pedagogy in different contexts